How to maintain lithium-ion batteries in winter
How to maintain lithium-ion batteries in winter The temperature has a great influence on lithium-ion batteries. The lower the temperature, the lower the activity of lithium-ion batteries, which directly leads to a significant decrease in charge and discharge efficiency. Generally speaking, the work of lithium-ion batteries The temperature is between -20 degrees and -60 degrees.
1. Charge indoors, avoid low temperature. If there is really no indoor charging condition, it is necessary to make full use of the residual heat when the battery is discharged, and charge it in the sun immediately after parking to increase the charging capacity and prevent lithium evolution.
2. Charge as you use it, charge shallowly. In winter, the activity of lithium-ion batteries decreases, which can easily cause overdischarge and overcharge, which can affect the service life of the battery and cause a burning accident. Therefore, in winter, we must pay more attention to charging with shallow discharge and shallow charging. In particular, it should be pointed out that do not park the vehicle for a long time with the gun always inserted to prevent overcharging.
3. Lithium-ion batteries should be kept fully charged in winter to extend battery life. The battery should be fully charged before use. Occasionally, the battery is not fully charged once in a while, but if it is often used without being fully charged, the battery will have a kind of memory, which will affect its continuous mileage and also consume the battery's service life.
4. Please use the original charger when charging. The market is full of inferior chargers. Using inferior chargers will damage the lithium-ion battery pack and even cause fire. If your charger cannot be used normally, it is recommended to contact the official to purchase a regular charger to ensure the charging quality.
5. Try not to park outside as much as possible. The temperature outside in winter is very different from the temperature inside. If conditions permit, it is best to park indoors. The temperature of the air conditioner should not be set too high, which can save electricity. When driving, I would rather wear more clothes and lower the temperature setting.
All in all, avoid low temperatures during the use of lithium-ion batteries and often charge lithium-ion batteries. Keep lithium-ion batteries in a cool place instead of freezing them. Avoid putting it in a hot car. If stored for a long time, charge the battery to 40% before storing. If you use a fixed power source most of the time, remove the battery and store it in a cool place.